- Cache cleared -> still the same
- No errors in the mycontroller logfile
I think you mean this from the browser console:
I had the same question, and solved it by measuring the voltage using the AD converter, store it in a variable and have the node send it to mycontroller. The type I used is multimeter. The advantage of this solution is that you can graph it on the dashboards.
Hope this is useful for you.
(you can even measure batery voltage in the MCU itself without any external hardware )
Okay so if I understand correctly, all works if the nodes are basically next to each other... is that correct?
Make sure that the same baudrate is used in the gateway sketch and mycontroller.....
Had a look at the link you send, it looks like mysensors, but it is something different...
Can be an issue, can you try if you see the node if it is basically next to your gateway?
Sorry was out for a couple of days...,
jkandasa is right, as an addition you can also add the debug stuff to you sketch and hook it up to your laptop to see the debugging stuff from the sensor perspective...
If the sensor is out of range of you gateway you have some options to fix it:
you can put a repeater node in the middle between the sensor and the gateway to extend the range of your network
check your radio, exchange it for another one to rule out any radio hardware issues. (some of the radios have issues... especially the Nrf24l01 radios with the round black blob instead of a chip... believe me, I have been there and the range was approx 1.5 meters.....)
If you use the Nrf24l01, add the capacitor to the power line of the radio (tought this was a 47uf capacitor), this will also improve communication (make sure you add this on the sensor and the gateway radio!)
Great! thx for the log, now the cool kids from mysensors build a log parser so you can see in human readable form what is happening check it here: www.mysensors.org/build/parser
from the log it seems that the gateways is starting up correctly,
Welcome to the forum!,
Lets start at the beginning...
The gateway and the sensors need to connect on the mysensors layer first... the mycontroller software works on to of that... so back to basic.
So you need to confirm first if the mysensors stuff is working before you start digging into the logs of mycontroller.....
Well, it might work this way, but sometime ago I ran into issues with serial comms where the TTL level between high and low was different between systems, and had to use a pull down resistor to fix this...
Another solution is to remove the arduino from the equation... it is possible to use plug the radio directly on the GPIO header of the RPI.. For a howto look here
Got this working for over a year now on and OPI zero and it works as expected.....
you are using a 3.3v promini as a GW.... 2 questions...
how do you get the data from the promini into the RPI, how is that wired since the promini does not have an USB port...
the GW sketch you posted is designed for an arduino nano 16Mhz, if you use a 3.3v promini it needs run at 8Mhz... Try to make this change in the GW sketch to hardcode the 8Mhz feature. It might be that the cpu freq in the if statement is not picked up bt the compiler, so try with the if statements removed.
// Define a lower baud rate for Arduino's running on 8 MHz (Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V & SenseBender) #if F_CPU == 8000000L #define MY_BAUD_RATE 38400 #endif
// Define a lower baud rate for Arduino's running on 8 MHz (Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V & SenseBender) //#if F_CPU == 8000000L #define MY_BAUD_RATE 38400 //#endif
Can you try an arduino nano + NRF24L01 as gateway, and connect it to USB (if you have one lying around)
Just as background info, my 1st mycontroller setup was an RPI 2b with an arduino nano on usb that acted as a GW... had this setup for years and it worked flawless, other versions of the SW, but still....