Move from mysensors 1.5 to 2.0 (or not.....)
Just a small thing i was thinking about and was wondering how the mycontroller community is handling this....
I have a setup with 5 remote sensor nodes,
- Temperature inside(BMP085)/ temperature outside (NTC) / Barometric pressure(BMP085)
- Central heating system temperature (DS18B20)
- Arduino promini 3.3v battery operated (2AA batteries) with DHT11
- Clock node with a i2c connected 16x4 display attached which receives information from other nodes directly and 1 variable which gets pushed from the mycontroller software.
All is connected trough a serial gateway connected to a raspberry PI.
Now that I introduced my setup, this is my question.
- I am currently using mysensors 1.5, and a might want to upgrade to mysensors 2.0, does anyone have experience with this change?
It seems that 2.0 has a completely different sketch setup, so this will take a lot of reprogramming i guess. I have no doubt that it will work like a charm with mycontroller.....
Please let me know if you have any doubts / experience
@Tag I have converted for two nodes. one is monitoring water level with HC-SR04 and another is Relay node. Both works good. I'm using serial gateway. I changed gateway also to version 2.0
You can follow this https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4276/converting-a-sketch-from-1-5-x-to-2-0-x
Thanks for the info!, think i just need to change everything to the new library....
In your setup, do you use a "mixed" environment with 1.x and 2.0 nodes?
@Tag No, I moved everything to 2.0. I have very less nodes.
Well, now using a mixed environment!, a Mysensors 2.0 gateway and 1 Mysensors 2.0 node. Rest is still Mysensors 1.5 and will be moved to 2.0 over time.
Mycontroller still works like a charm and recognised the library version in the node information so it is possible to have a mixed environment.
Again many thanks for this link! https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/4276/converting-a-sketch-from-1-5-x-to-2-0-x
I used it to rewrite my sketch from 1.5 to 2.0.
Keep up the good work!!