How to set sensor value with javascript

• Hi

I have an ultrasonic distance sensor that sends distances in cm to mycontroller. I would like to add 2 virtual sensors, one for litres and one for percentage and the values for these to be calculated and set/saved when the distance sensor values are received.

I have attempted to do this via a javascript script, but I cannot seem to figure out how to set the values for the virtual sensors.

Please can you let me know how to save a value for a sensor using javascript.

Thanks

• ADMIN

@seant For now there is no event feature in MyController. You can create a virtual sensor and update value with javascript.

• Map your script with operation
    • Create a rule with real sensor and set threshold as in negative number(ex: > -1). And uncheck ignore duplicate check box. Map your script operation with this rule.
    • Your script will be executed, when you receive value from your sensor.

• @jkandasa Thanks I have already done those steps. The issue I have is trying to set a value for the virtual sensor via javascript.
    What I have done thus far is

1. Create 2 virtual sensors
    2. Create a "operation" script - using javascript
    3. Create a rule that triggers the script when value changes

I've added my javascript here, but the last 2 lines of code are not setting the virtual sensors values. Can you assist with how to do this please?

// Get Pump sensor via UID-Tag
    var tankDistanceSensor = mcApi.uidTag().getByUid("water-tank-distance").getResource();
    var tankLitresSensor = mcApi.uidTag().getByUid("water-tank-litres").getResource();
    var tankPercentageSensor = mcApi.uidTag().getByUid("water-tank-percentage").getResource();

//get config in variable
    tankConfig = mcApi.variable().get("water-tank-config");
    fullDistance       = tankConfig.value; // Value 
    emptyDistance = tankConfig.value2; // Value 2
    totalLitres = tankConfig.value3; // Value 3

//Get sensor values with UID Tags
    var pingDistance =  tankDistanceSensor.value; //Water tank level percent

if (pingDistance > 0 && pingDistance < (fullDistance + 50)) {
      percentage =  ((pingDistance - emptyDistance) / (fullDistance - emptyDistance) * 100);
      litres = percentage / 100 * totalLitres;

//THESE 2 LINES DO NOT SEEM TO SET THE VALUES  
      tankLitresSensor.setValue(litres);
      tankPercentageSensor.setValue(percentage);

}

• ADMIN

@seant

var pingDistance = tankDistanceSensor.value; //Water tank level percent

You have to use parseInt(tankDistanceSensor.value), Sensor variable always have String value.
    var pingDistance = parseInt(tankDistanceSensor.value); //Water tank level percent

//THESE 2 LINES DO NOT SEEM TO SET THE VALUES
    tankLitresSensor.setValue(litres);
    tankPercentageSensor.setValue(percentage);

After these two lines add the following lines,

mcApi.sensor().sendPayload(tankLitresSensor); 
      mcApi.sensor().sendPayload(tankPercentageSensor); 

• @jkandasa Thanks. Got it working.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MYCONTROLLER.ORG was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.