DB Caching oddities...?



  • [ENV @ bottom]
    MySensors network,

    Experts,

    After adding, modifying, and deleting nodes in initial setup, I've noticed that the "Name" column in Resources > Nodes has a habit of using the newly added/modified "Name" field for all nodes (different EUI's).

    NOTE: As you will see below, this only happens for nodes, sensors, etc. that (in my small 1-gateway network) are NOT gateways.

    I made this happen initially I think when I made the same EUI for 2 nodes. It may have happened regardless, so I whacked the install & started again:

    0_1498837368612_MySensors_weirdIssue.png

    This 'assignment' seems temporary, but it carries over to anything you do on an affected node-such as sensors. The REAL UNO1 is on EUI3, but look at Resources > Nodes:

    0_1498837640368_MySensors_weirdIssue2.png

    ..and Resources > Sensors:

    0_1498837617648_MySensors_weirdIssue3.png

    Is there something I can do to help t-shoot? I haven't gone into the DB yet, but have no problem diving in...

    TIA!

    pat
    🙂


    MyController

    Version
    0.0.3.Alpha2
    Database version
    1.02.10 - 2016 Jul 29
    Git commit:branch
    e8afb0266ab685dcfc59b0691ec301d3a17d3fd6:master
    Built on
    2016-07-30T01:04:37+0530
    Build JDK
    1.8.0_92
    Build tool
    Apache Maven 3.3.9

    Java virtual machine specification

    VM vendor
    Oracle Corporation
    VM name
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
    VM version
    1.8.0_77-b03
    Java home
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_77\jre

    Operating system

    Operating system
    Windows 7
    Architecture
    amd64
    Version/Kernel
    6.1
    Location
    D:\users\Pat\mycontroller




  • @HolesFlow Other errata:

    Java home
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_77\jre
    Java vendor url
    http://java.oracle.com/
    VM name
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
    VM vendor
    Oracle Corporation
    VM version
    25.77-b03
    Specification vendor
    Oracle Corporation
    Specification version
    1.8
    Management specification version
    1.2
    Up time
    13 hours 39 minutes 19 seconds
    Heap memory
    Used: 43 MB, Committed: 52 MB, Init: 8 MB, Max: 89 MB
    Non heap memory
    Used: 58 MB, Committed: 60 MB, Init: 2 MB, Max: n/a
    Threads count
    Current: 32, Peak: 35, Total started: 9868, Daemon: 15
    Class loading details
    Loaded: 5078, Unloaded: 52, Total loaded: 5131
    Garbage collector - PS Scavenge
    Collection time: 831, Collection count: 186, Last GC duration: 11
    Garbage collector - PS MarkSweep
    Collection time: 207, Collection count: 4, Last GC duration: 97


    Operating system
    Windows 7
    Architecture
    amd64
    Version/Kernel
    6.1
    Available process
    8
    System load average
    n/a
    System cpu load
    6.40 %
    Process cpu
    Load: 13.00 %, Time: 33212 milliseconds
    Physical memory (RAM)
    Free: 22227 MB, Total: 32666 MB
    Swap space
    Free: 53531 MB, Total: 65330 MB
    Committed virtual memory size
    179 MB
    User working directory
    D:\users\Pat\MyController\bin




  • Experts,

    After a bit of testing, I can summarize what is happening:

    • A gateway serial is created (node 0, EUI 0).
    • A node is created off of it (node 1, EUI 1).
    • Sensors on that node are setup, looks good.
    • A second node (node 2, EUI 2) is added.
    • BOTH node1 and node2 take on node 2's name and all other settings.
    • The newly added node is red (down), as ID'd by EUI. It was never shown as up.
    • All traces of what node1 was are gone-even sensors.
    • Node 2 can be deleted, and it will continue in the interface in all respects as EUI 1 (node 1).
    • What you are left with is the untouched master/gateway, and a single node (node 2), in the DB as EUI 1 (the EUI of the now overwritten original EUI 1.

    Is a video of this needed? A zip of the DB? It seems easily repeatable.

    Also, I tried searching here for anything related, and nothing came up. Frankly, I didn't even know how such an issue would be written up, or under which category. Sorry if that makes this entry out of place-it isn't intentional.

    TIA!

    pat
    : )



  • It must be related, so here is a snippet of an exception java is throwing every 30 seconds: mycontroller.log I captured the top of the log output after a well-behaved stop & start from a windows shell. The jvm is running as an administrator user, not the actual Administrator account. The install was also done as this user.

    HTH

    pat
    : )


 

Suggested Topics

12
Online

407
Users

371
Topics

2.3k
Posts