Serial problem

• @tag I originally had the nrf attached directly to the pi and moved to an arduino GW as I had issues with the directly connected setup (also I realised that HW signing is only supported for arduino GW and not for NRF attached directly to the pi).

However, I have discovered something. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am testing it since yesterday lunchtime. At the momtent it looks good, but I have been at this point before.

Give me a few days to test and I will report back then.

• I seem to have found the root cause of this, now working for 4 days with no corrupted data. But I have seen this overnight in the log, anything to worry about?

2018-08-24 03:43:20,485 ERROR [mc-th-pool-7] [org.mycontroller.standalone.db.dao.NodeDaoImpl:66] unable to get Node
    org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: General error: "java.lang.NullPointerException" [50000-194]
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:168)
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.convert(DbException.java:295)
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.toSQLException(DbException.java:268)
    	at org.h2.message.TraceObject.logAndConvert(TraceObject.java:352)
    	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcResultSet.java:188)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.jdbc.JdbcDatabaseResults.findColumn(JdbcDatabaseResults.java:103)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.field.FieldType.resultToJava(FieldType.java:826)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.mapped.BaseMappedQuery.mapRow(BaseMappedQuery.java:61)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.StatementExecutor.queryForFirst(StatementExecutor.java:109)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.dao.BaseDaoImpl.queryForFirst(BaseDaoImpl.java:239)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.QueryBuilder.queryForFirst(QueryBuilder.java:380)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.db.dao.NodeDaoImpl.get(NodeDaoImpl.java:64)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.getNode(ExecuterAbstract.java:473)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.isNodeRegistered(ExecuterAbstract.java:610)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.execute(ExecuterAbstract.java:98)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.EngineAbstract.auditQueue(EngineAbstract.java:260)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.EngineAbstract.run(EngineAbstract.java:131)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    	at org.h2.util.StringUtils.toUpperEnglish(StringUtils.java:106)
    	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.getColumnIndex(JdbcResultSet.java:3129)
    	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcResultSet.java:186)
    	... 15 common frames omitted
    2018-08-24 03:43:20,517 ERROR [mc-th-pool-7] [org.mycontroller.standalone.db.dao.BaseAbstractDaoImpl:247] unable to add new item:[Node(id=null, eui=1, gatewayTable=GatewayTable(id=1, enabled=null, name=null, networkType=null, timestamp=null, state=UNAVAILABLE, statusMessage=null, statusSince=null, type=null, properties=null), name=null, version=null, type=null, libVersion=null, batteryLevel=null, eraseConfig=null, firmware=null, state=UP, lastSeen=1535078600491, rssi=null, properties={}, parentNodeEui=null, registrationState=REGISTERED, smartSleepEnabled=false)]
    java.sql.SQLException: Unable to run insert stmt on object Node(id=null, eui=1, gatewayTable=GatewayTable(id=1, enabled=null, name=null, networkType=null, timestamp=null, state=UNAVAILABLE, statusMessage=null, statusSince=null, type=null, properties=null), name=null, version=null, type=null, libVersion=null, batteryLevel=null, eraseConfig=null, firmware=null, state=UP, lastSeen=1535078600491, rssi=null, properties={}, parentNodeEui=null, registrationState=REGISTERED, smartSleepEnabled=false): INSERT INTO `node` (`id` ,`eui` ,`gatewayId` ,`name` ,`version` ,`type` ,`libVersion` ,`batteryLevel` ,`eraseConfig` ,`firmwareId` ,`state` ,`lastSeen` ,`rssi` ,`properties` ,`parentNodeEui` ,`registrationState` ,`smartSleepEnabled` ) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.misc.SqlExceptionUtil.create(SqlExceptionUtil.java:25)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.mapped.MappedCreate.insert(MappedCreate.java:137)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.StatementExecutor.create(StatementExecutor.java:458)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.dao.BaseDaoImpl.create(BaseDaoImpl.java:328)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.db.dao.BaseAbstractDaoImpl.create(BaseAbstractDaoImpl.java:244)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.getNode(ExecuterAbstract.java:486)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.isNodeRegistered(ExecuterAbstract.java:610)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.ExecuterAbstract.execute(ExecuterAbstract.java:98)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.EngineAbstract.auditQueue(EngineAbstract.java:260)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.EngineAbstract.run(EngineAbstract.java:131)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Unique index or primary key violation: "CONSTRAINT_24_INDEX_2 ON PUBLIC.NODE(EUI, GATEWAYID) VALUES ('1', 1, 61)"; SQL statement:
    INSERT INTO `node` (`id` ,`eui` ,`gatewayId` ,`name` ,`version` ,`type` ,`libVersion` ,`batteryLevel` ,`eraseConfig` ,`firmwareId` ,`state` ,`lastSeen` ,`rssi` ,`properties` ,`parentNodeEui` ,`registrationState` ,`smartSleepEnabled` ) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) [23505-194]
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:179)
    	at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:155)
    	at org.h2.index.BaseIndex.getDuplicateKeyException(BaseIndex.java:103)
    	at org.h2.mvstore.db.MVSecondaryIndex.checkUnique(MVSecondaryIndex.java:231)
    	at org.h2.mvstore.db.MVSecondaryIndex.add(MVSecondaryIndex.java:190)
    	at org.h2.mvstore.db.MVTable.addRow(MVTable.java:707)
    	at org.h2.command.dml.Insert.insertRows(Insert.java:156)
    	at org.h2.command.dml.Insert.update(Insert.java:114)
    	at org.h2.command.CommandContainer.update(CommandContainer.java:101)
    	at org.h2.command.Command.executeUpdate(Command.java:258)
    	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdateInternal(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:160)
    	at org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:146)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.jdbc.JdbcDatabaseConnection.insert(JdbcDatabaseConnection.java:183)
    	at com.j256.ormlite.stmt.mapped.MappedCreate.insert(MappedCreate.java:91)
    	... 11 common frames omitted

It is a holiday weekend here, but I will post the story of how I found and fixed the issue. You can all guess if you like. I bet nobody will get it! ๐Ÿบ

• ADMIN

@skywatch

I seem to have found the root cause of this, now working for 4 days with no corrupted data.

Great news! ๐Ÿ‘

But I have seen this overnight in the log, anything to worry about?

How often are you seeing this log? If you see this error very frequently kindly report a bug/issue. I do not get any clue why failed to retrieve a node from the database. A particular message will be dropped(without any action) when you face this issue.

It is a holiday weekend here, but I will post the story of how I found and fixed the issue. You can all guess if you like. I bet nobody will get it! ๐Ÿบ

Enjoy your holiday weekend! I am eager to see your fix ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ADMIN

@skywatch Can you break the surprise? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @jkandasa OK - it's a long story though......

So for the last 2 months after upgrading to mysensors 2.3.0 I get the library update pop-up with arduino IDE - It sometimes tells me to upgrade to a lower version of the library than I already have, so I figured it was a bit buggy.

Recently it was telling me I needed to upgrade to the latest mysensors 2.2.0 - But since I already had 2.3.0 installed I ignored it and carried on. After all, all the nodes reported as 2.3.0 and there was only 1 mysensors folder inside the libraries folder.

But when I went into the mysensors examples to clear eeprom, I found 2x mysensors options. They were different. I was baffled. I rechecked the libraries folder, only one mysensors folder. I checked app data, program files, temp files and everywhere I could think of. No other mysensors folders present.

After a lot of searching I found something interesting - In the arduino libraries folder there were a few 'arduino xxxxxx' folders (where xxxxxx was 6 seemingly random digits). Inside one of them were files relating to mysensors 2.1.1. - I deleted this folder and tested the IDE which compiled mysensors sketches with no issues.

With this rouge folder removed I decided to re-flashed the gateway and all nodes. This was the point that all the problems went away (and now even ack works properly)! ๐Ÿ™‚

So it appears that this was the issue - it explains why the issue was only affecting me, but I still can't figure out what was happening fully as the nodes all reported as 2.3.0 and yet somehow having an older mysensors.h and mysensorscore.h inside a folder that wasn't mysensors in any way seemed to be causing the issue.

Still I found the problem and now have a stable system. It just goes to show that if you don't give up, eventualy you'll make progress.

So a big THANK YOU to you all for the help with this and sorry for taking your time on this one.

It's a learning curve for sure! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ADMIN

@skywatch Interesting story ๐Ÿ˜‰

So a big THANK YOU to you all for the help with this and sorry for taking your time on this one.

No worries at all. I have fixed couple of other issues(when working on this) and we have improved MyController quality further ๐Ÿ™‚

• @jkandasa Thank you! - I have no idea what created those arduinoxxxxxx folders, there were 4 or 5 of them. A casual look and it's easy to think they are part of the internal arduino ide or something.

Still, at least I may make more progress now.

But not a time for relaxing, I still have FOTA, SWsinging, HWsigning and low power battery nodes to learn! ๐Ÿ˜‰ - You have been warned! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hahahaha.....:)

• ADMIN

@skywatch

You have been warned! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hahahaha.....:)

hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @jkandasa - I was about to mark this as solved, but this morning while I was asleep it did this to me....... MyC 1.4.0 snapshot installed......

2018-09-03 04:37:57,662 ERROR [Thread-31] [org.mycontroller.standalone.gateway.serial.SerialDataListenerjSerialComm:178] Exception, RawMessage:[รฏยพย†51รฏยฟยฟ24;1;1;0;0;24.31]
    org.mycontroller.standalone.exceptions.MessageParserException: Invalid range for 'nodeId':MessageParserAbstract(gatewayId=1, nodeId=5124, childSensorId=1, messageType=1, ack=0, subType=0, payload=24.31, isTxMessage=false, timestamp=1535945877644)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.mysensors.MessageParserAbstract.validate(MessageParserAbstract.java:157)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.mysensors.MessageParserAbstract.update(MessageParserAbstract.java:123)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.mysensors.MessageParserSerial.getMessage(MessageParserSerial.java:32)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.provider.mysensors.MessageParserSerial.getMessage(MessageParserSerial.java:28)
    	at org.mycontroller.standalone.gateway.serial.SerialDataListenerjSerialComm.serialEvent(SerialDriverJSerialComm.java:147)
    	at com.fazecast.jSerialComm.SerialPort$SerialPortEventListener.waitForSerialEvent(SerialPort.java:937)
    	at com.fazecast.jSerialComm.SerialPort$SerialPortEventListener$1.run(SerialPort.java:885)

Why didn't I take up an easy hobby like fishing? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ADMIN

@skywatch looks like some corruption in received data from your serial port. ๐Ÿ™‚

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics